Methods to Align Your Teeth
Dental Braces, The Traditional Method
Braces can correct many significant dental issues. They are sometimes covered by insurance. The downside: Most dental braces are visible. They’re a fixed appliance, which means they’re not removable. Good oral hygiene is necessary to prevent cavities and other oral health problems. Treatment time: 6 months to 2 years
- Metal braces. These are what you normally think of when imagining braces—a metal bracket with wires held on by elastic ties.
- Self-ligating (Damon) braces. Like traditional metal braces, but they use a sliding device to hold the wire instead of elastic ties.
- Clear braces. Ceramic braces that are clear or colored to match your teeth.
Clear aligners: The removable option
- For mild to moderate cases, clear aligners can most much less than braces.
- Clear aligners are removable, making it easier to eat, drink, and maintain oral hygiene.
- Clear aligners require significantly less time at an orthodontist’s office than braces do.
- They’re much less noticeable than traditional braces.
If not worn on a daily basis for the proper amount of time , they won’t be effective.